Brand Awareness And Storytelling, What’s New?
Did you enjoy bedtime stories or stories by moonlight?
Storytelling has become a part of every brand’s existence. You just have to be telling a story. A brand is a gut feeling about a product, service or / and organization. A brand resides in the heart of the customer / prospect. Brand awareness is important for business success and overall marketing.
During the just concluded Girls Code Camp organized by Vision Alive Youth Development Center, Ms Rebecca Kalu; a digital marketer, web developer and business strategist had a session with the Girls Code Camp participants on Brand Awareness and Storytelling.
Here are excerpts from her session!
Why brand awareness?
- It builds trust between the customer and the brand.
- It creates association.
- It builds brand equity.
- It gives your brand a personality
Brand equity defines a brand’s value which is defined by a customer’s experience. A brand establishes or increases brand equity by building brand awareness.
Establishing your brand just got easier!
- Your brand should be a person not just a company.
- Every brand should socialize.
- Tell a narrative (storytelling).
- Make it easy for people to tell your story.
- Authenticity is important and can lead to a big boost in brand awareness.
- Treat your social media account as if its an individual.
- 50% of brand reputation comes from brand socialization.
On Increasing brand awareness…
- Offer Freemium
- Create amazing content
- Sponsor events and gain publicity
- Give your brand a personality
So what’s the big thing about brand awareness?
- Make a science out of your brand.
- Stand out.
- Be strategic and intentional.
- Become the first choice of your customers and target audience.
How a brand can become a choice!
- People choose brands based on who is able to meet their demand.
- Understand who you exist for.
- Understand what they want.
- Have language power.
Storytelling is the process of hosting facts and narrative to communicate. It requires creativity, vision, amongst others
Why Story telling?
- To solidify abstract concept and simply complex message.
- A good story should be have two components; conflict and resolution
- It should be entertaining, educational, universal, organized and memorable.
- Storytelling Process
- Know your audience.
- Define your core message.
- Decide what kind of story you will be telling and when.